These last couple of days has thought me some things about relationships..
And since this blog is for me to vent here you go Cecilia..
That relationships are hard work, does not accurately sum up the work involved in keeping a relationship healthy, fun, and alive. It takes a day-by-day commitment and sometimes that feels easy to do and other days it feels exhausting.
- Sometimes, your significant other is going through something big and difficult emotionally and nothing you say or do will help them. And, because you’re on the front-lines of their emotions, there is a possibillity that they will take it out on you and there’s no getting around the fact that it will be hard.
- And, while love is powerful, if you’re both not going in the same direction and you’re both not growing together, the love can weaken and that will be heartbreaking to witness.
- Fights are hard, but the conversations that could determine your future together are even harder.
- Sometimes venting is necessary, but you will feel 100% like you betrayed your significant other when you vent about your personal life, even though it was necessary to do so.
- It’s very possible to be in a relationship and still sometimes feel very alone.
- A relationship can expose everything that you hate about yourself and it will take all your energy to not get crushed under the weight of that kind of exposure.
- Your feelings will sometimes lie to you. Fear will sometimes overrun your heart. And it will be confusing and sad until you can get your head straight.
- Sometimes the most loving thing for oneself does not benefit or feel particularly loving to your significant other. Sometimes choosing yourself means choosing to leave. Sometimes things aren’t even or fair or as amazing as you thought they would be. Sometimes you will love and give and everything will be fine, but it will still be broken, and you’ll have to summon up enough courage to deal with all of this and more with grace and kindness, despite wanting to be anything but graceful and kind.